- 11.07 2014ArticlesThe internet has changed all aspects of our lives. From how we bank, get around, or communicate with friends, or even -- as I hear -- date. From a business perspective, however, it has radically altered the ways in which businesses communicate with consumers. But did you know it has also changed the very ways in which business owners run businesses? There're a slew of applications -- both mobile and on desktops -- which can be used to simplify task, account, and HR management, which often prove to be time-consuming. The facts are simple. In the dark old days before the internet came along, like buying a CD, you had to buy software (usually with a license), install it, and then only run it on your computer... Read More ➚
- 11.06 2014ArticlesGoogle has apparently been listening to what business customers want from a public cloud. On Tuesday the company announced that it will introduce Virtual Private Networking support in the first quarter of 2015. VPNs will let customers tie securely into Google Cloud via the internet, and they are a key foundation of hybrid clouds that let customers keep some key applications and data under their control in-house while also relying on the public cloud for other workloads... Read More ➚
- 11.06 2014ArticlesCloud to take up three-quarters of data centre traffic by 2018, says Cisco. Cisco's annual Global Cloud Index (GCI) reveals the latest findings and predictions on data centre traffic and cloud computing between 2013 and 2018. CBR highlights five need-to-know predictions from the report's findings. 1. Data centre traffic will triple -- The study predicts that overall data centre will triple in volume, growing from 3.1 zettabytes (ZB) a year in 2013 to 8.6ZB in 2018. The figures will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of at least 23%... Read More ➚
- 11.05 2014Press ReleasesNew York, NY (November 5, 2014) – Telx®, a leading provider of global interconnectivity, data center solutions and cloud enablement services, today announced a enterprise-grade connection to Google Cloud Platform with Google Cloud Interconnect across its national portfolio. Google Cloud Platform enables developers and enterprises to build, test and deploy applications on Google’s highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure with the choice of computing, storage and application services for web, mobile as well as backend solutions... Read More
- 11.04 2014ArticlesData Center Construction Market categorizes the Global Market by Data center Types as Colocation, Enterprise, Telecom, by Design Types as Electrical, Mechanical, by Tier Types Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 & by geography. The report "Data Center Construction Market by Data Center Types (Colocation, Enterprise, Telecom), by Design Types (Electrical, Mechanical), and by Tier Types (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4) – Global Forecast to 2019" defines and segments the datacenter construction market into various segments with an in-depth analysis and forecasting of revenues. This research report also identifies the factors driving this market, various restraints, challenges and opportunities impacting it along with the future roadmaps... Read More ➚
- 11.04 2014ArticlesHow many of you really understand the cloud? If you were tasked with explaining "the cloud" to a child could you manage it? A recent discussion with top industry professionals and cloud thought leaders revealed that, for cloud solution providers, education was the biggest hurdle in cloud service adoption. Thankfully at a SAGE hosted round table, we dissected exactly what the cloud is, what it does, and how it can benefit you... Read More ➚
- 11.04 2014ArticlesVerizon Communications Inc. didn’t bother to ask respondents whether their organizations have embraced the new way of consuming computing resources in its second annual study on the state of enterprise cloud adoption. The battle has already been decided. Instead, the carrier focused on how they’re going about it – and found that the traditional barriers to entry are crumbling at an accelerating rate. Cloud computing was first brought into the corporate world by employees frustrated with the slow pace of IT responsiveness. That gave way to a period of chaos as people provisioned their own services, but now some order is arriving. The carrier found that IT departments typically control over 80 percent of spending on third party services within their organizations, while the CIO and CTO together personally oversee 62 percent of associated purchases. Net spending on platforms such as Amazon Web Services increased as well by an impressive 35 percent... Read More ➚
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 50,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.