- 08.20 2014ArticlesYou’ve undoubtedly heard about the cloud. Transitioning to the cloud. Public and private clouds. Cloud storage. Yet, cloud computing remains an ambiguous concept for many business leaders and decision-makers. This is especially true for HR and recruiting professionals trying to determine the benefits of the cloud and whether cloud computing is right for them. By 2015, end-user spending on cloud services could be more than $180 billion—indicating a clear trend toward the cloud for businesses and other organizations. One of the biggest advantages HR and recruiting professionals will experience from cloud computing is the ability to help users maintain a clear focus on meeting business requirements. With cloud computing, users can personalize their space—but not customize the way they can with off-the-shelf software solutions... Read More ➚
- 08.20 2014ArticlesContinuity Software conducted a benchmark survey in 2013 of 90 IT executives from a variety of large enterprises that found over half (57%) use analytical tools to measure IT performance. Yet, only 14% track key performance indicators (KPIs) for their Cloud environment. Like the old adage goes – you can’t manage what you can’t measure. And, many IT organizations have to do a better job measuring KPIs in the rapidly evolving Cloud environment to ensure they’re obtaining optimal benefits from the widening array of virtual services... Read More ➚
- 08.19 2014ArticlesDavid Linthicum, the highly regarded voice of clarity in the enterprise cloud space, recently made an interesting observation: that private clouds are increasingly serving as gateways to public clouds. As things have evolved, private clouds have been seen as more secure alternatives to public cloud services. That they may be, but Dave also observes that private clouds are also being adopted to serve as "points of control" to interface with public cloud services... Read More ➚
- 08.19 2014ArticlesSocial media networks and mobile growth go together like voice and data. Mobile social networks give consumers the opportunity to connect with friends and family at a moment’s notice, and the ability to upload and download videos, photos, and more. And while it’s true that wireless carriers have had to endure challenges to enhance their networks to handle these activities, social media data can also be a great asset. Used in concert with other forms of analysis, social media data can help carriers enhance their networks (through HetNet solutions, for example) and gain customers. The key is to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different data sets, and how they’re stronger when used together... Read More ➚
- 08.18 2014ArticlesBoosting productivity has the ability to save your company thousands of dollars. Whether you pay your employees hourly or with a salary, you want them to do as much work within an hour as possible. Cloud services can help your employees to do this by providing them with access to more of the information that they need. The cloud is a way of storing data on the internet. You control the access so that everyone can have access to everything or certain employees are able to gain access to some of the more important files within your business. The data can be accessible anywhere there is an internet connection. This can be beneficial in comparison to storing data on a local server where someone has to be within the office building to access the data... Read More ➚
- 08.15 2014ArticlesThe third annual Cisco Global Cloud Index (2012–2017) states that 2014 is the first year the majority of workloads will be in the cloud, with 51 percent processed in the cloud versus 49 percent in traditional IT space. Cisco anticipates that “global data center traffic will grow threefold and reach a total of 7.7 zettabytes annually by 2017.” Cloud services have taken the business world by storm, and all the data handled by the cloud must be secured. Encryption plays an important role in creating trust in the cloud... Read More ➚
- 08.13 2014ArticlesAll of us who work in the technology sector can play a part in helping to figure out how to deliver economic services to nearly half of the world’s population, many of whom live without access to basic financial services such as a savings account. Mobile technology, payments and e-commerce now make it possible to bring financial inclusion where services were not readily available or affordable before. From our point of view, financial inclusion is critical, because it does service in three different ways... Read More ➚
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 48,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.