- 12.18 2014ArticlesAs a small business owner, you should see cloud computing as way to gain immediate access to a level of technology that has previously been restricted to companies with large IT resources. The really good news with the cloud is that you will be able to start small with almost no up-front capital investment and grow your IT resources at the same pace as your business grows. If you have plans to take your business from a small company to the enterprise level, this post will help you understand how cloud computing can help you get there... Read More ➚
- 12.11 2014ArticlesIf weather forecasts play out the way they are supposed to this week, San Francisco Bay Area data center operators will get a chance to show their customers why they are paying the big bucks. Data center uptime, or keeping servers running regardless of rough conditions, is of course the core part of any data center provider’s value, and disaster preparedness is something data center operators spend a good chunk of their time on throughout the year. Staff at a Telx data center located within a Digital Realty Trust facility at 200 Paul Avenue in San Francisco have contacted all contractors that serve the facility, from generator fuel suppliers to UPS and generator vendors, to make sure they have resources on standby, Paul Sidore, director of west region operations at Telx, said... Read More ➚
- 12.10 2014ArticlesWhen people talk about cloud computing, they usually refer to it in ways it can benefit businesses. For years, there has been a steady stream of companies moving various operations and functions to the cloud. The result is the cloud's growing popularity among people in the private sector, but the potential behind cloud computing may be much more than that. Governments are slowly coming to the realization that they need to make a similar move. After the financial downturn at the tail end of the last decade, people of all walks of life needed to find ways to save. For governments at the state and local level, the cloud seemed to be calling to them for that very reason. A few intrepid state governments took the plunge first, and now more are warming to the cloud as a helpful tool... Read More ➚
- 12.10 2014ArticlesLaunching a new start-up? You’ll need to invest in costly software packages, in-house servers, off-site back-ups and more. Right? Wrong. Thanks to the cloud, entrepreneurs are spoiled for choice while setting up technology platforms for their start-ups. The efficacy of cloud computing has made it a viable option for delivering IT services. As a result, entrepreneurs are now implementing cloud strategies to derive the greatest value especially in response to business outcomes. According to market researcher Gartner, the revenue generated by cloud services will cross $150 billion by the end of this year. The demand will skyrocket for all cloud-based delivery models including infrastructure, software and platforms... Read More ➚
- 12.04 2014ArticlesThe benefits of cloud computing are being recognized in businesses and institutions across the board, with almost 90 percent of organizations currently using some kind of cloud-based application. The immediate benefits of cloud computing are obvious: cloud-based applications reduce infrastructure and IT costs, increase accessibility, enable collaboration, and allow organizations more flexibility in customizing their products both for their brand and for their audience. But cloud computing is having other effects as well, which have the potential to greatly change how education works, both in online courses and in traditional classrooms... Read More ➚
- 12.02 2014ArticlesFor IT channel partners, cloud computing has come a long way in the five years that CompTIA has conducted its Annual Trends in Cloud Computing study, evolving from a potentially disruptive technology delivery mechanism to the No. 1 catalyst for business transformation, according to the report. Forty-one percent of IT business partners noted that cloud computing is now the No. 1 catalyst for business transformation, followed by demand for new services and IT delivery, at 36%, and desire for recurring revenue model, at 35%... Read More ➚
- 12.02 2014ArticlesAs we wrap up 2014, it’s time we took a look at some of the biggest cloud technologies that made an impact over the course of the year and thought about cloud predictions for 2015. I’m most likely not going to list all of the technologies that were big this year, so if you feel I missed something, feel free to add it in the comments section! That said, the concentration around the user and the information delivery model has allowed the modern data center and the cloud infrastructure in general to really evolve... Read More ➚
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 50,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.