- 11.25 2014Articles, Industry NewsThere may be a glut of data center space in New Jersey, but the market across the Hudson is a different animal. As customary, available quality data center space in Manhattan is hard to come by and costs a lot of money. Telx, a key player in the New York data center market, is getting ready to loosen the supply by bringing new capacity online in two of the three buildings it operates in, Telx CEO Chris Downie said. The buildings – 32 Avenue of the Americas and 60 Hudson Street – are both key connectivity hubs not just for the U.S. but for the global Internet. New York carrier hotels like these are the reason companies are willing to pay the premiums that come with using data center space in Manhattan when there are tons of new space ready to go in New Jersey... Read More ➚
- 11.25 2014ArticlesThe report "Data Center Colocation Market by Solution Types (Retail, Wholesale), by End Users (SMB, Large Enterprises), by Verticals, by Region – Worldwide Market Forecast and Analysis (2014-2019)" defines and segments the data center colocation market into various segments with an in-depth analysis and forecasting of revenues. This research report also identifies the factors driving this market, various restraints, challenges and opportunities impacting it along with the future roadmaps... Read More ➚
- 11.24 2014ArticlesChannel companies seem to be more accepting of cloud computing's role in the channel and the IT industry as a whole, but this change of heart doesn't mean there isn't more work to be done. According to CompTIA's "Fifth Annual Trends in Cloud Computing" report, which is based on survey responses from executives within IT companies and IT business professionals who are involved in IT decision-making for their organizations, more than 90 percent of channel firms believe their cloud solutions are "mature or somewhat mature." Read More ➚
- 11.07 2014ArticlesThe internet has changed all aspects of our lives. From how we bank, get around, or communicate with friends, or even -- as I hear -- date. From a business perspective, however, it has radically altered the ways in which businesses communicate with consumers. But did you know it has also changed the very ways in which business owners run businesses? There're a slew of applications -- both mobile and on desktops -- which can be used to simplify task, account, and HR management, which often prove to be time-consuming. The facts are simple. In the dark old days before the internet came along, like buying a CD, you had to buy software (usually with a license), install it, and then only run it on your computer... Read More ➚
- 11.06 2014ArticlesGoogle has apparently been listening to what business customers want from a public cloud. On Tuesday the company announced that it will introduce Virtual Private Networking support in the first quarter of 2015. VPNs will let customers tie securely into Google Cloud via the internet, and they are a key foundation of hybrid clouds that let customers keep some key applications and data under their control in-house while also relying on the public cloud for other workloads... Read More ➚
- 11.06 2014ArticlesCloud to take up three-quarters of data centre traffic by 2018, says Cisco. Cisco's annual Global Cloud Index (GCI) reveals the latest findings and predictions on data centre traffic and cloud computing between 2013 and 2018. CBR highlights five need-to-know predictions from the report's findings. 1. Data centre traffic will triple -- The study predicts that overall data centre will triple in volume, growing from 3.1 zettabytes (ZB) a year in 2013 to 8.6ZB in 2018. The figures will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of at least 23%... Read More ➚
- 11.05 2014Press ReleasesNew York, NY (November 5, 2014) – Telx®, a leading provider of global interconnectivity, data center solutions and cloud enablement services, today announced a enterprise-grade connection to Google Cloud Platform with Google Cloud Interconnect across its national portfolio. Google Cloud Platform enables developers and enterprises to build, test and deploy applications on Google’s highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure with the choice of computing, storage and application services for web, mobile as well as backend solutions... Read More
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 50,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.