- 10.01 2014ArticlesExperts at Boston's Connected Cloud Summit argue that the cloud and the Internet of Things are necessarily intertwined. The Connected Cloud Summit held here two weeks ago could easily have been called "The Internet of Things Connectivity Summit," since most of the discussion (and exhibitors) involved Internet of Things technology and connectivity. Just as much of it, however, implicated cloud computing – and the theme for the day involved the necessary interconnectedness between the two. "The Internet of Things brings home technology," said Jeff Kaplan, managing director of local cloud consultancy THINKstrategies and the event's emcee, in his opening address to Summit attendees... Read More ➚
- 09.30 2014ArticlesThe Internet of Things (IoT) global market is still at its infancy and positioned for exponential growth over the next couple of years as people continue to connect to the internet through billions of devices and applications. As an MSP that provides cloud-based file sharing, IoT needs to be on your radar. Here’s a look at how MSPs will be able to leverage the cloud as the only platform and service flexible, scalable, and analytic enough to support the IoT as it grows... Read More ➚
- 09.29 2014Articles, Industry NewsNEW YORK - For a window into the ambitions of DataGryd, look to the rooftop of 60 Hudson Street. High atop the iconic Manhattan communications hub, more than 370 feet above the the streets of Manhattan, a hatch in the roof is unlocking the building’s future. The first phase of that plan comes to fruition this week, as colocation specialist Telx brings a new data center online on a full floor it has leased from DataGryd. Expanding a building’s power capacity in an urban setting is a major challenge. The upgrades at 60 Hudson offered additional layers of complexity... Read More ➚
- 09.29 2014ArticlesData centers. We’ve all heard of them, but what do they really do? A data center is a lot more than just a secure place that provides power and cooling for networks, servers and storage. The data center is one of the fundamental building blocks of the internet, and the foundation of information technology as a whole. The data center's main focus is on providing the services required to maintaining data access and protection. Applications and users create data, and turn it into real information. In order for that to occur, the underlying data itself needs to be available, accessible, reliable and secure. Its the dedicated IT staff in the data center who make that happen. There are four core operational functions provided by the IT staff on a daily basis to make sure the data is always available for users and applications which can be considered the pillars of data management. the four pillars are storage provisioning, data protection, data replication, and recovery operations. Read More ➚
- 09.26 2014ArticlesThose who implement cloud computing in general, and AWS in particular, are often confused by the role that managed services providers play. Cost and simplicity are driving the movement to leverage AWS through managed services providers as enterprises look for more ways to consume AWS services. These services are easier to mix and match with existing applications, and provide a better and more effective way to leverage AWS. Managed services providers can place a well-defined layer of infrastructure, management, and governance between the cloud provider, in this case, AWS, and those who consume AWS as a managed service. Managed service providers get enterprises on-boarded quickly to AWS, and avoid initial issues that many enterprises encounter when going directly to AWS. What’s more, managed services providers offer another layer of support, including guidance around on-boarding applications, and other best practices you should employ. Proactive monitoring of AWS services, including working around outages and other infrastructure issues, allows to you maintain an uptime records far better than if you leverage AWS directly... Read More ➚
- 09.25 2014ArticlesThe view from the top of 60 Hudson Street offers a vista of Manhattan’s telecom history. Dominating the right side of the view is 32 Avenue of the Americas, the AT&T building topped by distinctive dual towers atop. Looking further to the north, you can see the block-long outline of 111 8th Avenue, the old Port Authority building that has become a major Internet intersection. And then there’s 60 Hudson itself, the former Western Union building that has played a key role in the growth of telegraph and telecom infrastructure in New York and beyond. The building recently underwent a major upgrade to its power capacity, a move that reflects the changing face of the New York market. For many years the Manhattan data center scene was notable for its consistency, with these three buildings serving as key hubs for the city’s Internet tenants. But in the past several years the New York market has undergone a transition, with new players arriving in the city and a building boom underway across the river in New Jersey... Read More ➚
- 09.22 2014ArticlesLeading experts tell Develop there’s a lot more potential in the technology than current titles might suggest. Developers already know about the most prominent examples and uses of cloud computing in games. From streaming services like OnLive and the upcoming PlayStation Now to the use of offloaded AI in Titanfall and Forza 5, it’s already clear that the technology opens up new possibilities for games. But this is just an overview, according to Microsoft’s CTO of cloud services Rob Fraser, who doesn’t think the development community fully understands the potential and specific practical uses of cloud computing in the games they make... Read More ➚
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 48,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.