- 01.29 2015ArticlesTelx has completed expansion projects at two of its major New York data centres. The co-location and data centre provider has added 40,000 square feet to its NYC1 facility on 60 Hudson Street, after securing additional space at the end of 2013. It also added 50,000 square feet to its NYC3 facility, located at 32 Avenue of the Americas within the New York greater metro area... Read More ➚
- 01.19 2015Industry News, Press ReleasesNew York, NY (January 19, 2015) – Telx®, a leading provider of global interconnectivity, data center solutions and cloud enablement services, today announced the completion of its expansion within the NYC1 and NYC3 data center facilities, by 60,000 square feet and 50,000 square feet respectively. Read More
- 01.13 2015ArticlesAt the beginning, cloud computing was the promise of additional, more affordable IT resources for many organizations. Flexible, scalable and pay-as-you-went, cloud computing was the ideal add-on to cope with data growth and in-house servers that were struggling with workloads. On top of the infrastructure resources being offered, providers also created innovative business applications. IT power that had hitherto been reserved for only the largest corporations became available to the mid-sized and the small businesses too. Now the opportunity is open to beat the competition by not just bolting these online resources onto what you already have, but by directly basing your business in the cloud... Read More ➚
- 01.12 2015ArticlesCloud can help small businesses focus on what technology can deliver, rather than delivering technology. Shared computing services, whether applications or platforms available over internet, have granted small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) unprecedented access to technology sophistication. The potential inherent in information technology has been immense and the possible impacts are only getting more pronounced. Technology not only bolsters efficiencies but also influences fundamental changes in the business models themselves. But getting technology to work for a particular business has traditionally been arduous, requiring significant expense, effort and skills. As such, access to 'enterprise-class' has been limited to large businesses that can invest in application and operational support... Read More ➚
- 01.09 2015ArticlesHybrid cloud computing is gaining an impressive foothold among more firms and will eventually be expected to be part of regular IT implementation. The latest research on cloud computing trends suggests that hybrid models could be an answer for midsize businesses looking for the best cloud solution to fit their needs. According to a new report featured in WhaTech, the hybrid cloud market is expected to go mainstream within the next few years. Additionally, a rising market share in cloud computing solutions is already visible among retail, health care and government sectors. The report also points to the growing acceptance of IT consumerization and overall cloud and mobile developments as factors that are changing the way firms operate... Read More ➚
- 01.09 2015ArticlesThe largely untapped Internet of Things market could disrupt the data center industry in a positive fashion. A report filed by Gartner talks about the potential financial impacts of the blossoming industry mentioning, “The IoT will include 26 billion units installed by 2020, and by that time, IoT product and service suppliers will generate incremental revenue exceeding $300 billion, mostly in services.” If you aren’t familiar with the Internet of Things, it can be simply described by devices that connect to the internet solely for the purpose of reporting data on a particular product... Read More ➚
- 01.09 2015ArticlesLiferay recognizes Telx’s MarketplacePORTAL, a B2B community-driven customer portal developed by Rivet Logic, with a Liferay Pulse Award in the Best Collaboration & Social Project category. Rivet Logic Corporation, a leading consulting and systems integration firm focused on helping major enterprises build riveting digital experiences with leading open source and cloud-based software, announced that its customer, Telx, has received a Liferay Pulse Award in the category of Best Collaboration & Social Project during the annual Liferay North America Symposium. Read More ➚
At Telx, our team is ready to help you succeed. Our goal is to create the most effective solutions for your business. Within our ecosystem we help businesses create well-connected communities. With 50,000+ direct connections providing lower costs, near zero latency and fewer points of failure, organizations can improve network performance, reduce time to market and tap into new business opportunities to build a competitive advantage.